Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Patriots, Peaceniks, Pagans and Potheads: July 4th 2006



This July 4th 2006 was a very wild time here in DC for grassroots activists. And as I extend my apologies for taking so long to get this post up, you will see that this time I am trying a new style for my blog that involved much more tech than I am used to. Also, this time I have a few interviews with Kristinn Taylor of Free Republic, Malachy Kilbride from D.A.W.N., and a very special and informative interview with the Rev. Barry Lynn from Americans United.

The 4 events I covered for the 4th were all very passionate and high energy events.

It all started on July 3rd with Free Republic protesting the New York Times.

To find the Free Republic article CLICK HERE


And then later that evening it was a beautiful bread breaking for a last meal before the big "Fast for Peace" with Code Pink and the Dc Anti War Network aka D.A.W.N.

You will find the Code Pink story CLICK HERE








And on the day of July 4th, the Pagans rallied for the rights of the pentagram with the Rev Barry Lynn just a few blocks from the White House. To see this article please CLICK HERE.



And last but not least, July 4th tradition for the past 37 yrs, the legalize marijauna "Smoke-in". To see some interesting photos and for information on the history of marijauna laws and some resources on what the laws are like today, CLICK HERE.

I hope at some point in the future, I can get all of this done quicker and without some of the tech challenges I have faced this past week.

Please enjoy, and have a wonderful and safe rest of the summer.

Peace OUT

Isis